- Plug your Kiwi Warmer device into a wall socket. For optimal operations, place the heater at least 50cm away from the Kiwi Warmer.
- Make sure your mobile device is connected to your home 2.4 GHz WiFi network
- In the mobile app click on [Add new device] and follow the app’s instructions.
- To setup the Kiwi Warmer, your mobile phone needs to be connected to the 2.4GHz network. However, after the Kiwi Warmer has been setup you can switch back to 5GHz.
- After the Kiwi Warmer has been setup, the entire family can access it from their own mobile devices at the same time. However, during the initial setup, while entering your WiFi password, make sure that you do it from a single device only.
- You can control multiple Kiwi Warmer devices using the Kiwi Warmer mobile app on your mobile phone. However, when setting up new Kiwi Warmer devices, do it one at a time - don't bring multiple Kiwi Warmer device in the setup mode at the same time.
When you need to re-set your WiFi password
- When you WiFi password has changed or you got a new WiFi router, your Kiwi Warmer devices won't be able to connect to the network. You will notice that the LED on the Kiwi Warmer devices goes red and the Kiwi Warmer mobile app will say "No connection".
- There might be other very rare circumstances in which the Kiwi Warmer device cannot connect to the network even though the WiFi password has not changed. For example, after changing security settings or repairs of the WiFi router, the Kiwi Warmer might need to be re-connected. To reconnect, click on the [Re-connect] button on the dashboard.
To reset the WiFi password:
- Go to settings and click on the button [Re-set WiFi settings]
- On the dashboard, click on the button [Re-connect]
- Enter your new WiFi password and store it for future use
Self-calibration and software upgrades
- The Kiwi Warmer devices have self-calibration capabilities for the temperature sensors. As a user, you don't need to worry about it at all as long as the Kiwi Warmer is always on. In case you need to re-locate the Kiwi Warmer in another room, please allow 30 minutes for self-calibration. During the calibration the Kiwi Warmer can be on or off.
- We are working hard to provide you with improvements and new functionaries for your Kiwi Warmer mobile app and your Kiwi Warmer device. While the software updates for your Kiwi Warmer app are available through Apple App and Google Play stored, the internal software of the Kiwi Warmer will be updated over the internet through our cloud services. During the software update, the Kiwi Warmer LED will change the colours for 1-2 minutes. Please don't unplug or disconnect your Kiwi Warmer when you see the LED changing colours.
- Use domestic heaters with maximum power of 2400W;
- Always follow the heater manufacturer’s safety instructions;
- Connect the Kiwi Warmer to a socket-outlet with earthing connection;
- Do not plug multiple devices, multiboxes, aquariums or health and safety-related devices into the Kiwi Warmer;
- Don't use the Kiwi Warmer in areas 2000m and more above sea level;